The Town Manager is chosen and appointed by the Town Council based on executive and administrative qualifications and experience. The Manager serves as the chief administrative officer and is responsible to the Council for the proper administration of all Town affairs. The Town Manager is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Recommend to the Town Council the adoption of measures deemed necessary or expedient for the health, safety or welfare of the Town or for the improvement of administrative services;
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of the Town and present contracts to the Town Council for formal ratification.
- Ensure that all laws and ordinances are duly enforced and that all privileges granted by the Town are faithfully preserved.
- Be responsible for the care and preservation of Town property and equipment, and overseeing capital assets and inventory.
- Prepare the annual budget and submit it to the Town Council for consideration.
- Appoint, and when necessary for the good of the service, suspend or remove employees in the manner prescribed by the Town Charter, law or personnel ordinance.
- Attend all meetings of the Town Council, unless excused.
- Act as a purchasing agent for the Town on contracts and purchases.
- Prepare and oversee all applications for federal and state grant funding.
- Interact with federal, state agencies and local government agencies.
- Perform other duties, as required by the Town Council or specified in the Town Charter.